What is Project Search?
Project SEARCH is a one-year, Transition-to-Work skill training program for young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). It is a unique program that is business-led and takes place entirely at the workplace.
The Project SEARCH program model was developed at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. It involves an extensive period of:
- Skills training and career exploration
- Innovative adaptations
- Long-term job coaching, and
- Continuous feedback from teachers, skills trainers, and employers.
At the completion of the training program, 75% of program participants find employment.
- Eligible for services
- Appropriate attire, social, and communication skills
- Ability to take direction and change behavior
- Access public or own transportation
- Pass drug screen, background check
- Desire to work
- Desire for further education
Our Host Employers & Partners
How to Apply
Online application coming soon. If you are interested in applying for this program, please contact Lori-Ann Hoberman, Director of Employment Services firstname.lastname@example.org | (860) 342-0700 ext. 312
Become A Host Business
Want to access to a new, diverse, talent stream with skills that match your labor needs? Please contact Lori-Ann Hoberman, Director of Employment Services email@example.com | (860) 342-0700 ext. 312
Director of Employment Services
Project SEARCH Manager
Project SEARCH Skills Instructor